In Bloom

"In Bloom" - Nirvana            https://youtu.be/PbgKEjNBHqM

One of the things that I think I really appreciate about living in Anchorage and it applies to other parts of Alaska is that people are really passionate about certain things. One of those things is gardening, and it means that there are lots of gardening groups, clubs, classes, etc. The other thing that it means is that during Summer there are flowers every where.


These were in a flower box outside of a small mechanic's shop I went to get a nail out of my tire.

This was one of the many cement planters that you can find in front of grocery stores, schools, and many other places. This one was beside the drive thru at Taco Bell.




All of these were planted around the outside of the library I work at by volunteers. Everytime I walk by this side of the building I stop and look at them for a while because of all their vibrant colors and the interesting arrangements.

In Florida there is a lot of personal or private gardens and gardening but in Alaska there is a lot of public gardening which shares color and beauty with everyone. It celebrates our warm weather months and helps us glory in the fact that everything isn't white right now. Everytime I see them I started pointing them out to my wife, see more flower containers. Stop and notice the flowers! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seasons - Turn, Turn, Turn

My Morning Jacket

(Don't Eat the) Yellow Snow