E Street Shuffle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX6LmojEWy4 E Street Shuffle - Bruce Springsteen


Growing up in Florida the only "shuffle" I knew was the "stingray shuffle". If you don't know when out at Florida beaches it is wise to drag your feet in the sand when walking in the water because if you lift your feet up and step down on a stingray, which can happen during certain times of year, you will get stung. I don't mean like a bee sting it's a huge ugly gash akin to being sliced by a small harpoon.

Lately I've been doing a different shuffle. The streets and sidewalks are plowed but covered in ice and light snow. It makes them extremely slippery and some way more than others. I try to walk to the edge of the road or sidewalk is to walk in the plowed snow to keep from slipping but sometimes that's not practical because the snow is really high. So, I've adopted a type of shuffle that is like playing broom hockey on ice. It's like half skating and half walking.

I haven't fallen on my butt yet but I'm sure it will happen at some point. I think my strategy will be to fall on my side if possible because my coat is really thick. I need to get ice cleats, there are different kinds, a friend suggested that if I wanted to go running that there are running shoes with built-in cleats. That reminds me there is a 5k JIngle Bell race that I'm thinking about doing next Saturday. I'm just a little nervous about running in single digit temperature but I'm sure I'd be fine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seasons - Turn, Turn, Turn

My Morning Jacket

(Don't Eat the) Yellow Snow